An interdisciplinary designer, developer and thinker. I work to help small teams thrive, developing systems, strategies and tools that bring cohesive ideas forward.
Reddgrid - Founder/Product Manager
2018–Present – Calgary, AB
- Designing and building simple frontend and backend systems for ambitious product goals.
- Productizing data queries for visualization and regularly scheduled reporting.
- Architected a system of interconnected cloud services to distill massive datasets into a set of consumable services and microservices.
Scoot – Product Design Lead
2018–2019 – San Francisco, CA
- Lead, mentored and managed a small, extremely talented team of product designers, working to design for an international shared micromobility service.
- Focused on building scalable, multi-dimensional UX and UI systems that allowed for deployment in multiple markets with multiple vehicle types.
- Guided process and conversation to successfully complete a large number of targeted design projects at varying scales of complexity and timeframe.
Automatic – Senior Product Designer
2014–2018 – San Francisco, CA
- Helped to lead the design/development of a perfectly scalable product framework for a far reaching Connected Car Applications platform.
- Migrated fluidly between product design (ID, IA, UX, UI, IxD), and engineering roles to establish and deliver on strategic product goals.
- Collaborated actively with exceptional product, design and engineering peers (hardware, web, iOS and Android).
IDEO – Principal Interaction Designer
2010–2013 – Palo Alto, CA
- Solved for very complex user problems, client goals and technical constraints.
- Played a primary role in the deisgn of automotive, healthcare, public sector and financial service solutions for a range of international clients.
- Integrated and collaborated as a member of a community composed of ever-inspiring, world class design leaders.
- Advocated for design craft, growth as a design generalist while maintaining continued growth in the interaction design discipline.
Freelance – Design Generalist
2001-2010 – Ottawa, ON
- Consulted independently and collaborated in the design and build of a broad range of screen-based applications for a huge range of clients, markets and users (transportation, telecommunications, entertainment, retail, service industries etc).
- Worked on projects ranging in scope from web, mobile web, iOS and Android solutions, providing support with any combination of IA, UX, IaD, UI, VD, prototyping and development needs.
TrueContext - UI Designer
2006-2007 – Ottawa, ON
- Desktop, mobile, and web application visualization and conceptualization.
- User interaction flow modeling and wireframing.
- Development, unification and specification of product and corporate brand image, iconography and ‘look & feel’.
Hallgrimmson Product Design - Industrial Design Intern
Summer 2005 – Ottawa, ON
- Consumer and medical product research and development for a range of market segments.
- Product ideation through sketching, detail exploration and digital rendering.
- Formal exploration and prototyping using a range of materials and rapid prototyping techniques.